Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our Makeshift Shower

Well, we’re surviving our week without a sewer pump.  After three nights of struggling through bath-time with basins and garden hoses, I finally came up with a stroke of genius.

Well, not really.  But the boys were excited, anyway.  

It occurred to me that if I attached a hose to the laundry tub in the garage, I could run it outside and the boys could have WARM showers.  It was one of those **duh** moments for me.

Anyway, I used two lengths of hose so I could run it all the way around to the back of the house.  Then, I fastened the nozzle to an umbrella rib.  Makeshift ShowerThe air was getting kind of chilly, and the grass was cold, so I used our big galvanized tub to retain the warm water.  I have to tell you, it’s the cleanest my boys’ feet have been all week!  Lol!

It was one of those happy mom moments.  I only wish I had thought of it sooner.

My husband comes home tomorrow night.  But he probably won’t have a chance to look at the pump till Saturday.  So our outdoor shower system will come in handy for at least one more day.

I’m not sure what I’ll be most happy to use again…my dish washer, my washing machine, or my own shower.  Actually, I’ll be pretty tickled just to flush more often!  Lol!   Oh, the little things in life!

3 comments:

Mari said...

I think you are brilliant and you have a great sense of humor too!

Christina said...

How clever! You ingenious solutions never cease to amaze and impress me.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

See I told you you should live closer cause then you could have used our cottage shower! LOL!

But great idea my friend. You rock! LOL!

Have a fabulous Mother's Day!!
Kim