Monday, May 24, 2010

Are You Yo-ing?

My boys are into Yo-Yos.  At first I didn’t believe it when they told me they were all the rage in middle school.  In an age where high tech gadgets fill everyone’s pockets and purses, how could a Yo-Yo ever compete? 

Not that I’m complaining!

They play with them everywhere.  Is play the right word?? 

…At the bus stop. 

…In the house. 

…On the porch. 

…While they gather the clothes.

…While they walk down the hall. 

…While they brush their teeth. 

Seriously.  The other day I couldn’t help but comment, “Dude, do you think it would go any better without a Yo-Yo in your hand?”  Lol!

And at one point, my five-year-old, who wanted to play army, said, “Would you PLEASE stop YO-ING?!”

My oldest can do several tricks.  He is very, very talented.  :)Yo YoHe also helped me create this blurred background for the coolness effect.  So he’s talented in more ways than one.

And would you believe, I found three of these LED light-up Lime Light Yo-Yos by DUNCAN at Aldi’s for $1.99 each?  :)   

Yes, I can dig this new rage that doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg! 

…Or rot their brains. 

…Or make shooting sounds.

Is your family Yo-ing? 

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Yeah for Yo-Yos!

Christina said...

Hehe..."Yo-ing." Your littlest is too cute. Looks like your family is having a ton of fun!

Mari said...

I didn't know yo-yo's where back in again. They were the thing to do when I was in junior high, and I learned a bunch of tricks at that time. Maybe I can still do some of them!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh, but don't you just LOVE it that something so low tech is so "all the rage?!?"

the voice of melody said...

No yo-yo's at our house but you sure gave me a great idea. :)

Also, congratulations on your "sweet blog" award, it is quite fitting of course! Thank you for passing it on to me as well. That was very "sweet" of you!

{hugs}