Thursday, November 12, 2009

If I Say “Uncle”… Will It Stop??

[Cardinal and Snake[3].jpg]Last Spring, we had a male cardinal that kept thumping on our window.  It’s one of those stories you have to read.  So click on back and read it.  I’ll wait.

Are you back?  Well, that bird about drove me crazy, and I was ever so glad when he “mysteriously” disappeared.  (My husband later confessed that he “may have had something to do with it. ”)

Now, there is another demented cardinal who is tormenting me. 

From sun up to sun down.  She thumps.   And thumps.  And thumps.

She has been at it for more than THREE WEEKS, now.  I can’t see out my windows in places and there’s no point in cleaning them. Female Cardinal 1

Once again, I’ve tried everything to discourage her.  Rubber snakes.  Window clings. 

Sending my screaming five-year-old running out the door. 

Throwing whatever-I-can-get-my-hands-on at her. 

She’s giving the energizer bunny a run for his money.

And I know what you are thinking.  Maybe it’s the mate of the male cardinal who met his demise in our yard last spring.  I don’t think so. 

Female Cardinal 2She has a mate.  Who sits idly by.  Just watching her shenanigans.  (He’s desperate, if you ask me.  He could do far better than this crazy chick.  If he had any pride at all, he put a stop to her foolishness.) 

Indeed, if her dear mate loved her, he’d make her stop.

Because danger lurks.  I know.  Which is why I feel compelled to issue this one last plea.

Dear Little Messed Up Birdie,

Consider this your very last, deep from my heart, warning.  My husband is staying home tomorrow and he has less patience than I.  If you want to survive to be crazy another day in another place, you’ll fly far, far away

Just say in’.

You all might want to pray for Mrs. Cardinal.  No doubt tomorrow will be life-changing for her.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Lol! Silly birds. I can't imagine just how horribly annoying that is.

Mari said...

We had that problem one year with a cardinal. Nothing helped, then it disappeared. My husband swears he didn't do it!