Monday, August 3, 2009

Birthday Camping

Friday night we celebrated our youngest son’s fifth birthday with a campfire and sleepover in the tents out back.

Five Candles

We adults had a relaxing time around the fire, Camp Fire

while the boys found plenty to do to entertain themselves.

One of my son’s friends brought a Jedi robe for the birthday boy to wear.  Although it was a little big, it was a highlight of the evening.  Little Jedi But later he got this costume… Clone TrooperAnd it became a tough choice!  Lol!

A few BIONICLEs broke up the Star Wars Battles and eventually led the boys into (slightly) quieter play in the tent.Bionicle

This was the first time we divided our group into two tents.  My husband and I kept the five year old in our tent.  But the four older boys (ages 10-11) slept in their own tent a few yards away.

With all the giggling and rude noises coming from their tent, I was thinking that a few more yards between us might have been a good idea!  LOL!  But I was afraid they would spook in the wee hours of the morning without us nearby.  

However, they DID make it all the way through to the morning in their own tent (in spite of the 2 a.m. cat fight, and several visits from mystery critters a little later.

Next time, there will be more space between us.

All in all, it was a pretty fun party! 

3 comments:

It Feels Like Chaos said...

My son has the same white Star Wars costume! Such a great gift; he wears it often! I love the idea of a backyard camp-out party!

Mari said...

What a fun party! Glad they made it through the night.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh what fun! But I can't even think fire in this heat right now! LOL Though my husband probably could. He loves him a good campfire! LOL
Hugs.
Kim