Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Evening

Quiet summers eve

When dinner is over, the dishes are done, and the sun is just ducking behind the trees, I love to steal a few minutes on the front porch swing.  The boys are usually playing in the back yard.  So it is often just me and my husband, or me and Lucky (my kitty).  Enjoying the quiet.  Definitely a finer thing.

Tonight, though, the swing will be empty. 

We’ll all be out back, celebrating my son’s fifth birthday with a neighborhood cookout.  There will be a campfire, hotdogs, marshmallows, and tents, good friends, light sabers, and lots of boys.  Oh, and of course, cake and balloons, which the birthday boy wanted to see the minute he woke up this morning. 

Guess I’d better get cracking!  There’s a party to throw!  Which, by the way, is another finer thing in life!!

Linked to:   Photo Story FridayFriday Foto Finish Fiesta, and Finer Things

6 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Gorgeous backyard! =)

Happy Friday.

kayerj said...

have fun. Here’s my photo story. happy Friday!

Mari said...

Your yard is beautiful! Have a great birthday party!

Anonymous said...

5.....oh my goodness....I can't believe it has been 5 years already.....my little one is 4 in December and I am really morning the loss of my baby.....how can we slow this down?? :o)

Missing you from Georgia.

Noel said...

you have such a beautiful yard! Happy birthday to your son too :)

Amy @ Finer Things said...

What a beautiful back yard! And to celebrate a birthday at your own home with family and friends... definitely a Finer Thing.