Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Turkey And Filling Wraps

Turkey Rolls

Nothing fancy here.  In fact, I’m kind of embarrassed to put this picture up.

However, my boys insisted this was blog-worthy, and one of the best lunches ever.  

They even arranged this last one a plate before they fought over how to divide it up.

I confess, it was really born out of my attempt to make a lunch out of slim pickings.  In the fridge, we had a little turkey lunch meat which needed to be eaten, but not a single slice of bread in the house.

So I cooked up some boxed stuffing and rolled spoonfuls in layers of the turkey.  Then I put the rolls in a casserole dish, sprinkled them with pepper, covered the dish with foil, and placed it in the oven for a few minutes to warm the turkey.

My boys M-mmmed with appreciation, and ate every roll as though it were a Thanksgiving Day feast.  I sure do like it when that happens.  Sigh.

Why not join us over at  Temp My Tummy Tuesday?

6 comments:

Mari said...

What a smart idea! Don't you love it when it works out and they love it?

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Some of my best recipes come from desperation.LOL. Those sound yummy! Who doesn't love turkey and stuffing? Hee! Hee!
Hugs.
Kim

Keetha Broyles said...

I agree with your boys - - - those look WONDERFUL!!! I most CERTAINLY think they are blog worthy!!!!

Wanna come on over here and fix MY lunch?????

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

No one ever said it had to be pretty...just yummy! LOL. Good idea and great use of what you had. Thanks for sharing your TMTT recipe and linking up.

Keetha Broyles said...

I just gave you a shout out in my more recent blog post - - - -

Brenda said...

I love it when leftovers make a meal!