Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Looking for Normal

After putting something like 1500 miles on our trusty little Subaru, we're back! We managed to surprise many of our family and friends back east and had a wonderful time of visiting and catching up.

While at my parents, we converted a downstairs room into a bedroom. This involved cleaning out an enormous chest freezer and moving it to another room. My husband found the unidentifiable meat and veggies in the bottom of it rather amusing. Mom studied one bag of frosty dark stuff and decided it was some kind of "chewy meat". Indeed! Lol!

It inspired me to find the bottom of my chest freezer yesterday and to take inventory.

I still need to climb Mount Laundry but that will have to wait. Our 15 year old washer croaked just before we left and we are awaiting parts. The boys have been given orders to change socks and underwear daily, but fold and re-wear all other reasonably clean things until further notice. It is interesting to see how they interpret "reasonably clean."

This morning, I read some of my favorite blogs and was amazed at how so many of you are already reclaiming your schedule. Actually, jealous is a better word. You are such wonderful inspirations! To those of you who actually have all your decorations put away and are creating some wonderfully crafty thing, (sigh) my hat goes off. I hope to find myself at that point before Memorial Day.

For now, I will simply be content if I can find my counters, sort the mail, remember which kid needs to be picked up from where, and reclaim order at my desk. Making something remotely appetizing for dinner, I'm sure, would be appreciated as well.

It is wonderful to be home, and I'm looking forward to spending more time catching up on what you all have been up to!

1 comment:

Christina said...

haha. I came down with a cold and am looking for normal again too. Glad to know I"m not the only one out there... I'm glad you had such a lovely trip, and I hope that your return to normalcy is quick and easy (hmmm, maybe I should have left out the easy?). ; )