Friday, December 19, 2008

Planning a Trip

Wow! This blogging thing is really hard during the holidays. There are so many things I want to write about, but I just can't find the time to sit and put my thoughts together.

Thankfully, the boys finished school for the year today. They have off until the Monday after New Years. But we aren't done by a long shot with school things. My oldest had a Basketball game tonight, and he has one tomorrow morning, Monday night, and Tuesday night. I don't particularly like basketball. In fact, I find it incredibly hard to sit through. But I am wild about my son. So for him, we make it work.

We are also planning a trip home to the east coast. At the heart of the trip will be helping my parents move their bedroom to a downstairs room so Dad doesn't have to climb the stairs. But we'll be squeezing in as many visits with extended family and friends as our sanity can handle. Travel during the holidays--especially with three boys in a small car--can be stressful, so we'd appreciate your prayers.

At this point, the forecast is for it to be snowing Tuesday night into Wednesday, the day we plan to leave. I'm hoping that won't be the case, since I'm getting pretty tired of white knuckle rides on ice. Yet, if it is snowing, it won't be the end of the world. We'll just pack smartly, and take our time. I'm liking the lists some of you have been posting about what to keep in your car. I plan to be prepared for anything. And if it turns out to be bad weather, I'll be sure to have a few good books to hide my nose behind!! I know, great support for my husband, isn't it?

Anyway, just in case I don't find the time to get back on the computer during the course of the next few busy days, I wanted you to know what was up. We'll be packing and cheering and celebrating Christmas early, then hitting the road.

Don't let the stomach bug bite you, and pray it misses us too, would you?!

No comments: