Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catch Up Time!

I’ve decided to blog once a year.  Kidding!  But where did all the time go that I used to spend on blogging??  In the interest of defending my lazy streak, I’ll try to catch you up on what I’ve been doing, and where I’ve been.

The what part is pretty easy.  Here’s the short list:

  • Snow days with my boys bouncing off walls.  And shoveling.
  • Snow days with my boys plus their friends bouncing off walls.  And shoveling.
  • Cell Phone shopping.  Did I tell you I lost my phone three days before Christmas?  I won’t cry over it.  But it was a major time consumption to find a replacement, learn how to use it, and get all my information re-entered.  I’m seriously considering duck-taping it to my hip from now on.
  • Reclaiming my house from the hands of Christmas clutter.  It’s an ugly monster… 
  • Researching new educational sites for my little guy to enjoy. 
  • Working out.  It’s only three times a week, but it’s putting the squeeze on the non-essential parts of my day.
  • And the myriad of dentist and orthodontics appointments that all seemed to come at once. 

The where part is a little more nebulous.  While I’ve been here in body, my drive to write has been sputtering around in the proverbial dessert.  It’s not that God isn’t working, or that I’m not seeing some incredible things unfold in our family.  It’s more like, I’m not sure which things to share, or how. 

My older boys are at an age where they don’t want every hurdle they jump posted front and center on my blog.  The fun and crazy stuff is fine.  But the tough lessons learned, or the serious stuff growth is made of, not so much.

So I’m having to rethink how to be transparent with you while protecting the privacy of my guys.  So much of what I’ve shared over the years on this blog has been about our personal lives.  And I still want to do that.

I just need to think more carefully before I write. 

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.  How do you balance privacy with transparency?

2 comments:

Christina said...

Nice to see you back! I've been delinquent in my blogging too...I just can't seem to get my motivation going!

Have you checked out the PBSkids.org? There are tons of fun and educational games there.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I've missed you but have been pretty scarce myself. Life keeps throwing me curve balls and I don't really like it.
And I'm no help with your question. I just blog what I feel like blogging about.
BIG HUGS to you girlie.
Kim