Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Memorable Lines Of The Week…

boys

Today, since I’m scraping the bottom of the inspiration barrel, I’ll share a few lines that brought me chuckles (and a few grey hairs) this week.

“The cat wanted to play Star Wars, Mom.”

* * *

“Mom, I’m having a quiz over the parts of a sewing machine today.  Think you could quiz me?”

“Sure.  What does the presser foot do?”

“Uh, turn the volume up and down?”

* * *

“Mom, you’re beastly!”  (Thanks. I think.)

* * *

“Don’t look at meI didn’t do anything!  WHAT??  Why are you looking at me like that?”  Said the boy, glass in hand, with milk dripping off his chin, down his shirt, and onto the floor. 

And it wasn’t my little guy, either. 

***

“This stuff is pretty good.”  Thoughtfully chewing, “Well, maybe it’s just ‘cause I’m really really hungry…”

* * *

“Mom!  Sheriff!” 

This timely warning saved me from getting a speeding ticket.  :)

* * *

“My brakes are going out.  I don’t have much left,”  my husband said while he was on his way home.  Still 45 minutes away.

“Well, find a place to pull over and I’ll come get you.” 

“Naaaah.”

The offer seemed prudent to me.  But what do I know.  I’m just a mom, and a complete stick in the mud (apparently) when it comes to embracing the thrill.

* * *

“Myth Busters is gonna prove whether or not a penny dropped from the Empire State building will sink down in cement.  Did you know there was supposedly someone who got killed by a penny that was dropped off the Empire State building?  I wonder what would happen if you dropped off a hot dog.  Think it would kill somebody?”  :0

* * *

“Mom, will you trade me a candy bar for these little fun packs of peanut M&M’s since I can’t have them with my braces?”

“Why don’t you take them to school and trade them for something at lunch?”

“Mom,”  totally exasperated, “NO-body is going to trade me something for 6 peanut M&M’s.  They’d have to be CRAZY!” 

(Like…me???)

3 comments:

Mari said...

Those are great! Thanks for the laughs. :)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

It's therapeutic to write these things down isn't it? LOL! Your house is a lot like mine. Always an adventure.
And I totally remember hearing about the penny killing somebody thing. Not sure if it really happened though.
Have a terrific day my sweet friend.
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie!!
Good to see ya again. I am back in the bloggy business. :)

I had some serious catching up to do on your blog.