Monday, November 2, 2009

Hayride!

This is the second year my husband used his FARMALL M tractor to pull the trick-or-treat hayride.  With Halloween falling on a Saturday, neighbors and friends gathered for a cookout and campfire in our back yard before the hayride.Hay Ride

Since we live in a small homeowner’s association, we pretty much know everyone on our road fairly well.  This has become a great time for us to get together.  

Those of us with trick-or-treat-age children ride with the kids.  The rest man their candy bowls at home!

To make the weekend even more exciting, my parents arrived Friday from Pennsylvania for a visit.  Since they drove for two long days, they were quite happy to simply man the candy bowl at our house.  They watched the Phillies and rested while the rest of us rode beneath the almost full moon and laughed with the kids.

What a great night!  We are so blessed!

When we came home, we gathered round the campfire for more stories and fun.  Fall is one of my very rite seasons.

I’m not sure how much I’ll be posting in the next few days while Mom and Dad are here.  I want to spend some time with them.  But by the end of the week, I hope to be back in the full swing of things.

Have a wonderful week, friends!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday. I hope your visit with your parents is wonderful.