Friday, October 9, 2009

Animal Cell Model

I think I told you that the last two weeks have been crazy busy with doctor’s appointments, school projects, soccer stuff and appliance shopping.  To be honest, I felt too spent to blog.Cell Model Cookie

But before we dive into the weekend, I thought I would show you one of the more fun projects my son did for school.  He made a giant chocolate chip cookie for his cell model project.  Of course it earned him an A from his teacher. 

I was kind of surprised it made it home.  I thought the kids would have it devoured before the end of the day.  :)

But it did make it home.  And it became a fun soccer snack for the family on the long drive to the away game last weekend.  I wish all projects could do double duty like this. 

                   * * *

On our docket for this weekend will be splitting firewood and picking up a patio door that we ordered several weeks ago.  The break from soccer games will hopefully give us a chance to make some headway on projects that we’ve put on hold.

We’ll also be watching the cartoon network’s Star Wars The Clone Wars.  Of COURSE!  My boys are already getting in the mood with light saber wars.

Me, personally?  I probably won’t catch much of the Star Wars thing.  But I’m thinking of laying out the construction paper, glue, scissors and tape and having a fall decoration party in the midst.  My youngest has been begging to make pumpkins, skeletons, chains and such.  We’re long overdue for some family fun. 

How bout you?  What does your weekend hold?  I hope you’ll find some time to rest and reflect!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The project looks great. I remember when my kids had to do science projects each year, I really didn't enjoy that! Have fun making decorations. My son is coming over tomorrow to spend the night. His best girl went to NY this weekend with work so he will get my new printer all set up. Then on Monday my Dad comes in from Florida for two weeks. I can't wait, he is 86 and I miss him.

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

The family fun is always important.....and as my kids get older I see how important it really is. :)