Monday, June 15, 2009

Two Mile Stones in One Weekend! Whew!

gratituesdayspring1.jpgOften, our children’s mile stones slip by before we think to mark their significance in our heart.  Or to treasure the moment as a forever memory.

My youngest and oldest each passed a milestone this week, and I’m thankful my husband and I had the chance to pause and recognize the significance of each. 

Because, Little boys grow up quickly.He's catching up

First, my little guy left his training wheels behind!

When he started doing stunt skids with them on, I figured he was probably ready to have them taken off.  Lol!  But I didn’t expect him to pick it up SO quickly.

After just a few nudges on the grass, he was riding around flowerbeds and circling the driveway!  He’s doing awesome!  By the time vacation look out kittygets here (two weeks), he’ll be a regular pro!

For the record, the kitty was smart enough to sense DANGER…and move.

T minus 1 second till impact

My oldest son, who was taking this picture to the right, was not so lucky.  I call this the “T minus 1 second to collision” picture.  Both boys will sport cool battle wounds tomorrow, but nothing too major.  It just ended our bike time a little early.  :)

The second mile stone was just as monumental. 

My oldest learned how to shoot a shotgun.  Sigh.  My husband took him outback and let him shoot off the 410.  (Whatever that is.  I’m more of a slingshot pro, myself.)  Thankfully, my husband can show him the ropes.  The event is something that he and his dad will remember for the rest of their lives.  It’s one of those moments.

So all in all, it was a big weekend, and I’m thankful for the family time we had before my husband had to leave on a business trip.  We even snuck in a movie…Night at the Museum 2.  (Everyone enjoyed it!)

Speaking of my husband, he made the first leg of his Germany trip from Indy to Washington D.C. safely (PTL!).  His second flight, bound for Frankfort, left around 7pm.  He is probably halfway across the Atlantic Ocean as I type.  Hopefully sleeping soundly. 

We’re missing you.  Be safe.  Can it really just be just 12 hours since you left?  It already seems like a week.

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh I am loving the look on his face in the first picture! So precious. And my husband would do the same if we were allowed. We have to go somewhere else to shoot guns! *sigh* But we throw Tomohawks at our home made target! LOL. I've deemed us the Beachside Rednecks! Hee! Hee!
Hugs my friend.
Kim

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

Great milestones...it's so exciting watching them and taking it all in!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

So awesome that you have a picture to mark the "T minus 1 second before collision!" No doubt that will be a family memory talked about years and years from now when your boys gather together as grown-ups!

I so love watching the milestones, but with my 3rd child an added blessing is watching his 2 older siblings cheer him on as he accomplishes new things!

Tracey said...

What great accomplishments for your boys! Trust that all will go smoothly for your husband, as well as you and your children, while he is gone.