Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tea…For your Roses

Yellow Rose Have you ever wondered why English homes in the movies have such beautiful rose gardens?  Maybe it has to do with their love for tea!

I read recently that roses (and other plants) love the tannic acid found in tea. 

(Unlike my red roses, this is the one and only bloom I have among several small sickly yellow roses.)

To encourage lush healthy growth in roses ( or ferns, etc), I read, try sprinkling some tea leaves around the base and then water.  Or, brew up a batch of weak tepid tea and use in place of water to water your plants. 

Sprinkle with tea once a week until the plant is brought back to health.  Then, continue your watering schedule as normal, serving tea as an occasional treat! 

Wow, how easy is that??  And all for the price of some tea bags!

I’m off to have a long overdue Tea Party with some of my more sickly roses.  Only it is incredibly warm and humid out there, so I think I (personally) will stick to iced tea!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

For more great tips, visit Works for Me Wednesday at We are That Family.

2 comments:

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I wonder if it would work as well if you made tea and then used the remains of the loose tea or tea bags, instead of fresh tea.

Raise Them Up said...

Angela, I honestly don't know. But I'm wondering the same thing. That would be great, wouldn't it?

Maybe someone else will know and be able to tell us.