Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Car washFor us here, Sunday looked like the better day weather-wise.  It was to be hot and humid, but mostly sunny.  So we planned our outdoor activities for that day. 

After church, the boys went out and had a major hose war washed the car.  It really needed it and what better way to get cooled off??

Memorial Day Car Wash 3

Some water even got on the car!  And lest you feel pity for the the youngest water rat, don’t.  He was having the time of his life drawing out hose fire!

Memorial Day Car Wash 4After drying off, we played several games of croquet.  It is a game we used to play often at family gatherings growing up. 

So a few years ago, we picked up two sets off EBay and now enjoy playing with our own kids.  It is a fun game which doesn’t take a crowd of people.  :)

By the time our corn and burgers were done, it had started to rain.  So to complete our cookout, we moved our little table from the back patio area to our small front porch.

It turned out to be a really relaxing day, which we ended with a movie.  We all need those here and there. 

Yesterday was even more-so relaxing.  Our internet connection was down, it was raining outside, and I was FORCED to get lost in a good book.  Lol! 

What fun activities did your family enjoy? 

4 comments:

Mari said...

What fun! I love the pictures. We had a croquet set when I was young and I have lots of good memories of that!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I have been wanting to get a croquet set. I used to always play at my grandparent's house. Great idea to check Ebay!

Keetha Broyles said...

Hehehehehehe - - - I SEE the hose war goin' on.

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

I love it! A simple day of enjoying your family :)