Thursday, November 27, 2008

In My Spare Time

Yeah, right! What mom has spare time unless she robs it from her beauty rest? LOL! That is exactly what I'm doing as I sit with a very full tummy contemplating what things I'd like to do with the rest of my holiday weekend.

I'd love to sleep in, but it won't happen tomorrow. I have my eye on a few sales that require I dust myself off pretty early. Speaking of dusting, I also want to get my fall things put away, clean and dust, pull out the Christmas boxes, get the guys to hang some lights outside, take some pictures, get together a care package for my parents, and maybe find some time to explore the whole face book thing. I'm sadly disconnected, according to my good friend, and it would be a fun thing to do in my free time.

Alrighty then. I'll hop to it.

But back to the Christmas boxes.

Do you know that my neighbors had their Christmas lights up TWO weeks ago? Now that just isn't fair. Don't they know what that does to the mind of a four year old? Let me tell you, it isn't pretty for the mom who has to listen non-stop to the questions.

Is it Christmas? Is it? Is it? Why not? Can we put our Christmas tree up in our house? I want to open some presents! Are we going to put up our tree with lights and decorations and everything? When? I want to do it now! Are we putting up lights outside? Why can't we do it now? Oh, I love Christmas! Can Daddy get our lights out when he gets home? Do they cost a lot of money? Is everyone going to have a tree in their house? Why do we have a Christmas tree at Christmas time? Do the kitties get presents at Christmas time? Do they have a tree?

Yes, thank you, dear neighbors. I owe you one. But that will have to go on the bottom of my list. My very long list. Sigh.

As my handy dandy desk calendar says,
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.
Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.

No comments: