Sunday, November 2, 2008

If I Had A Cape

If I had a cape, a little thing like a busy week and weekend would not have gotten the better of me.

I'm also sure that I could have done it all, and blogged, too!

If I had a cape, I would have already posted a big thank you for all your prayers for our Church's Trunk and Treat. It was a big success. Both Kids and Adults had a great time! I can't wait to show you some pictures of the neat ways people decorated their trunks. Your prayers were so greatly appreciated!

If I had a cape, I would have made time to grocery shop and cook instead of doing Subway, Domino's, and hot dogs twice. My stomach is still complaining.

If I had a cape, I would have hit the SNOOZE button this morning instead of turning the alarm OFF and sleeping (blissfully) through first service, Sunday school, and second service.


If I had a cape, I would have already vacuumed the straw which found it's way into the house after our Trick or Treat hayride on Friday night. I'm still seeing straw. Everywhere. Sigh.

If I had a cape, I would have had dinner simmering in the crock pot tonight instead of dashing out the door for youth group, and asking my husband and little guy to cook whatever while we were gone.

AND I would not have arrived at the church for said Youth Group an hour early. Really. Super heroes at least remember to reset their watches, I'm sure.

If I had a cape, I would NOT have noticed two M&M wrappers stuck to the inside of the washer, and put the clothes in the dryer ANYWAY . Surely, I would have searched each piece of clothing for any hint of chocolate and scrubbed it out before sending it to the dryer to forever set all stains.

If I had a cape, I would have already thanked Christina, at A Homemaker's Journal, for the kind award she sent my way last week. Thank you, so much, Christina. I'm honored. I'll give some thought as to whom I can encourage as you have encouraged me!
And finally, if I had a cape, I would not feel the overwhelming urge to put my head down on my keyboard and fall asleep right here. Right now.


Thankfully, God doesn't expect a super hero.

Amen?

I'm looking forward to getting back in the blogging saddle tomorrow, but for now, I'm off to take my "capeless" and tired body to bed.
Thank you all, again, for your encouragement and prayers!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Guess what? Strangely enough, your post really cheered me. ;) Sorry about the clothes...that's awful. I'm glad to hear your trunk-and-treat went so well; what a wonderful way to reach out to your community.

Sometimes I wish I had super-hero powers too, but I am comforted to think that God's strength is made perfect in weakness.

I hope you sleep really well tonight. ; )