Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Silicone Spray . . .
Unstick ANYTHING!

In my eyes, Silicone spray is right up there with Duck Tape and Hot Glue. With these three things, a mom can fix just about anything! I can't tell you how many things I considered tossing and then tried a little Silicone Spray and got it working again.

The list of things I use it on is endless.

When my patio umbrella won't go up without a fight, I spray a little on the pole between the ring and the top.

When a door isn't latching on it's own, I spray a little on the latch plate, and door thingy, and voila! The door slips shut without a hitch.

If I have a sliding patio door that won't slide anymore, I spray some Silicone Spray on the track, and it moves once again.

In my wood shop, I wipe a small amount on the surface of the scroll saw, band saw, and table saw every so often. This allows the wood pieces to move smoothly and prevents the tools from rusting. (My Dad taught me this trick.)


In the winter, spray the gaskets around your car doors to keep the door from freezing shut.


When my elliptical machine is making a scruffing noise, and I can't seem to adjust it right, I get out my trusty spray and it "scruffs" no more.

When my outdoor Clothes Tree ring won't slide up and open easily, Silicone spray does the trick again!


I've used it on noisy Swing Chains, LAZY Lazy Susan ball bearings, Swivel Rockers, Sliding Van Windows, etc. Do I need to go on?


If you don't have can, add it to your Wal-Mart list. You won't be sorry! I can't tell you how much fun it is to fix annoying and stubborn things.

And, no, girls, I'm afraid it won't work on your kids! LOL! Don't think I haven't wished . . .

You can check out more of my "This Works for Me" tips, or you can head back over to "Works for Me Wednesday" hosted by Rocks in My Dryer.

8 comments:

BlueCastle said...

I am definitely getting some next W-mart trip. I never heard of this before! Thank you. :)

Discount Bento Mama said...

Fantastic advice! I love duct tape and I have a feeling that silicone spray will become as invaluable.

Lil

Linda said...

I've always used wd-40 for those things. I should give silicone a try.

Raise Them Up said...

Yes, wd-40 is great, too! Thanks for stopping by. And thanks "Bugs in the Basement" for pointing out the typo in my title! I guess "Sray" is what I get for finishing up my post last night when I should have been in BED! LOL!

Veggiemomof2 said...

I use WD-40 too if my husband hasn't hidden it in the shed. Maybe I should get silicone to hide in the house for me! :)

Anonymous said...

Great tip, thanks!

Jerralea said...

This made me smile because just last night I was teasing my husband that he could not do a anything unless he had duct tape, gorilla glue, or lighter fluid. Guess I need to add silicone spray to his list!

April was in CA now MA said...

Great tips! I'll have to try this on the screen of our patio door. It's always sticking and hard to open...drives me nuts!