Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shhhhhh! The Show is About to Begin!


Have you seen them? The signs of fall? This morning my four year old son and I pulled over to watch a combine picking corn and then loading it into the grain wagon. He was in awe.

There were flocks of small birds heading south, which had paused to settle on the wires above.

Then, we road through town and and caught our first glimpse color on a tree I have come to love. It is a giant maple, which always begins the show by turning the tips of her branches a tinge red. Then, magically, her colors deepen and spread, turning her into a fiery orange and red display of God's Wonderful Creativity.

Of course, I had to come home and take a walk around our yard to see if any of our trees were starting to turn.

In the years we've lived here, we've planted several varieties of maples in our yard. We've been trying to find one that matches my favorite Maple from Town's beautiful color.

This young one has promise. I can't wait for the show to begin!!


No comments: