Monday, September 15, 2008

My Three Cents At CVS

Using my 9 ECBs from last week and the coupons I gathered, I was able snag these items for just 3 cents out of pocket this morning. Plus, I received $8.99 in ECBs to use next time! Not too shabby!

Thanks, Money Saving Mom, for posting coupon match ups each week!
http://www.moneysavingmom.com/.
She posts on other stores and deals as well, including Wal-Mart, so check her site out.

For those of you who are new to CVSing, a good starting point is to check out Money Saving Mom's Primer http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2008/03/cvs-101.html.

It was really hard at first, and I'm still learning. But my basic approach is to look over the weekly add and pick out some items that we use which will earn back some ECBs. I then look through my coupons to see if I have any on those items. Then I check out Money Saving Mom's posts to see if there are any printable ones out there for what I'm looking for.

Do I ever buy things I don't use? Yes. For example, few weeks ago I bought two glucose monitors. Why? I had two coupons which made the monitors free, and since CVS was offering ECBs back on them, it was an easy way to earn some free money to pay for other things. I ended up buying milk and a few other things I needed. I gave the monitors to a friend to use at free clinics. So, that said, I save ALL coupons, even those I don't think I'll use--just in case a deal like this comes along.

No comments: