Saturday, August 30, 2008

Easy Pepperoni Bread

Friends introduced us to this wonderful aromatic bread and we have made it many times since! It goes very quickly at family events and church potlucks.



1 (1 lb) loaf of frozen Bread Dough

Garlic Powder

Onion Powder

Pepperoni

Grated Mozzarella Cheese



Thaw bread dough to room temperature. Flatten out to a

rectangle. Spread mozzarella cheese and Pepperoni on dough. Season with Garlic powder, Onion Powder and

Oregano. Roll it up long wise and make a wreath shape. Let it rise for little bit, then bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do something similar. I use frozen rolls. Thaw, then flatten. I use pepperoni sticks, roll them up, let raise for a short time in pan, then bake.

To make the pepperoni sticks, I buy that long pepperoni stick that is about 2' long. Peel off the covering, then cut into about 2" lengths. I cut the 2" lengths into 6 sticks. Place one per dinner roll.

Put each pepperoni roll into a 13x9" pan. I think I get about 18 per pan (I usually make at least 2 pans!).

I let it raise about an hour, then bake at 350* for 20 minutes or so. To keep dough from sticking to me or the counter, I use butter flavor Crisco.

These are best while warm, of course, but make great *sandwiches* for travelling or hunting.

Teresa in WV