Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Fun 2015

Easter Collage 2

Last week, a family friend graciously offered to bring Mom out to Indiana.  Mom used to babysit him when he was little and the two of us grew up like siblings.  It was fun to catch up with him.  And it is WONDERFUL to have Mom staying with us again!

I can’t remember the last time we celebrated Easter together.  So it was really special. 

Saturday, my youngest son had his first soccer game of the season.  My oldest son and his girlfriend came along to cheer and we all froze together on the sidelines.  I don’t know what I was thinking.  I need to get my car stocked back up with hats, gloves, scarves, and sleeping bags. 

When we got home, we made tacos, watched the basket ball game, and decorated Easter Eggs.

This year, I decided to blow eggs out and use permanent markers to color on them.  I had blown out a dozen or more before the soccer game.  So they were all dry and ready to go.

I have to say, this was the most fun we’ve had decorating eggs in a long time.  We each grabbed an egg and sat around the coffee table in the living room, watching the game while we colored, talked, and ate jelly beans. 

My Dad’s mom introduced us to the process of blowing out eggs when I was little.  All I remember is my cheeks hurting from blowing and blowing!  Lol!  But it wasn’t bad at all this time. 

I had my son do the blowing!!  Live and learn. Smile

Then Sunday after church, we had a traditional ham dinner with Mom and went for a walk in the evening.  The spring flowers are just beautiful!  spring flowersMy son went to his girlfriend’s house.  So we may or may not have texted him a picture staged to show my Mom raiding his Easter Basket.  Ha!

What did your family do this year to celebrate Easter?

2 comments:

Christine said...

I am so glad your mom was able to come to Indiana and celebrate with you!
I have only blown eggs out once. In grade school in art class. We did a unit on Faberge eggs. Nice job, getting smarter about all the work. :)

Our daffodils just started blooming. Makes me smile, for sure.

Happy Easter!

Mari said...

How nice to have your mom with you again. And your son was off to his girlfriend? They're growing up!
I love your eggs - very artistic!