Wednesday, May 15, 2013

An Overdue Celebration Post!

With everything that has been going on with Dad, I let time get away from me.  But that’s not to say that we aren’t incredibly happy with the step that our youngest recently took.DSC_0025

On Sunday evening, May 5, our youngest took a step in obedience to his Lord and Savior and was baptized!  We don’t have a baptismal at the church.  Instead we rent out the local YMCA and make a church-wide celebration out of it.baptism 6

My husband was privileged to be able to participate, and it was a wonderful moment for our family!

baptism 7

I can’t tell you how thankful I am for what I see God doing in his tender young heart!

What made it even more special was that our neighbor got baptized too!  What a great day!

After the service part, the kids all jumped in the water for a swim party, then we met back at the church for a pitch-in super.  Fun, fun, fun!

On this beautiful sun-shiny day, I wanted to take a moment and simply praise God.  :)

3 comments:

Mari said...

That's such a huge praise! I'm glad your hubby got to participate too.

Christine said...

What a wonderful day! I love that the children get baptized, then everyone gets to go for a swim. I'm thinking more churches need to do their baptizing at the Y!
I'm sure your dad was on your mind and in your heart all day, but I'm glad you were able to do something so joyful.
Still praying...

Adminswife said...

My husband had the privilege of baptizing all SIX of our children. It is the most precious sight to see. Our church lets the person give their testimony, then they chose someone special to them to pray over them. Then they are baptized. It is a HUGE blessing!