Monday, May 28, 2012

A Few Of My Latest Projects

The month of May, it seems, is giving November and December a run for the money concerning which month of the year can be the busiest! 

I thought it would be fun this week to show you some of the things  I’ve been doing.  Since it’s obvious I’m not on the computer very much!  :)

One of my favorite parts of spring is playing in the dirt.  And coaxing my wintered-over-and-sadly-straggly annuals back to life. 

These impatiens are just starting to look nice again.

flower pots

I gave in and bought a few wave petunias, this year.  I just couldn’t resist the pretty colors!  

I even planted a few herbs which a friend from church gave me.  They are in the bottom left pot.  Don’t ask me what they are—I forget already!!  lol!  But I was told they would be good in my homemade tomato sauce!  potted plants

Most of the plants are still pretty tiny, but I think they are coming along nicely.  The soccer shoes are a nice touch, too, don’t you think?

I actually have several collections of flower pots like this one around the house.  (You can’t have too many flowers!)

Then, in the side yard, I have my vegetable garden. 

This is where I have been spending the bulk of my time.  Knowing we’ll be going on vacation in a few weeks, I wanted to get things well established. garden

Do you ever use grass clippings on your garden?  This year, I’m giving it a try.  It’s time consuming to gather and spread them.  But, so far, the plants seem to be liking their grassy blanket!  And the weeds are having a tougher time taking hold.

Tomorrow I’ll show you a project that wasn’t as much fun as playing in dirt and watching things grow.

***

I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day!  And to those of you who have served in our military, or have loved ones who have served, thank you!  We appreciate all you have done, and all you have sacrificed!

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

You busy little beaver you! I LOVE your flower pot. Where did you get that? I must find one.
Have a lovely evening my friend.
Kim

Christine said...

We always use grass clippings. They work great! They can take time to lay down, but they cut hours and hours off of weeding time.

Mari said...

I'm impressed that you bring your annuals back to life! Your flowers are looking good!

Elsie the Cow said...

I like using grass clippings on my garden as well. I use a mower with a bagger and dump it on the garden as the bag gets full. My garden actually looks like something from a magazine this year!