Monday, September 12, 2011

Teeny Tiny Toads By The Loads!

Tiny Toad

This year, we’ve had so many baby toads that at times, you just hated to walk across the yard for fear of crushing one with every step.

They were EVERYWHERE!  Lol! 

Mowing the yard was super tedious.  Every time I saw one, (which was everywhere I looked), I had to either wait for it to hop to safety, or get off the tractor and move it to a flower bed.  Because I’m that kind of girl.

And they didn’t cooperate very well.

You’d think they would.  But they didn’t.

Tiny Toad 2

And you’d think they would be easy to catch.  But they weren’t. 

And you’d have to be careful, or you’d… Well…  You just had to be careful.

I mean, look how tiny these things were!  This little toad is sitting in my seven-year-old’s tiny little hands!

Did any of you experience a bumper crop of baby toads this year?   

2 comments:

Christina said...

Aw...they're SO cute! I can see why you'd want be extra careful when walking or mowing!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I haven't seen little toads since my children were little. They are just adorable!