Monday, September 27, 2010

Porch Project: Huge Progress!!

I have to show you what my husband and two friends were able to do Saturday while the boys and I were at soccer.

They went from thisDriveside porch footers to this on the front side!Driveside Porch roof And from thisMore forms to this on the back side!!Back Porch roof

We have a little more trim to get up and then the roofers can come!  The house will look very different with green shingles.   

I can’t tell  you how thankful we are to have such wonderful neighbors.  Two of the men gave up big chunks of their free time on  Saturday to help my husband.  One was here at 8:30 in the morning and didn’t leave till the felt was on at 8:00 at night.  And the other gave several hours out of his afternoon to help with the sheeting. 

I think we’re going to have to have a neighborhood cookout when we’re all finished!

We’ll be working on the trim and more bracing this week.  Then we can pick away at building the deck floors as time and money allow.  I’ll keep you posted on our progress!   

3 comments:

Christina said...

It looks fabulous! What a blessing willing and hard working friends are!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Looking good my friend. Great progress! I'll be looking for my invitation to the cookout. Hee! Hee!
Hugs
Kim

Mari said...

It's looking great!