Thursday, September 23, 2010

Photo Story Friday

Can you guess what this is??

Back Yard Clone Wars 2

Or how about this?

Back Yard Clone Wars

If you guessed a light saber war, you must be using The Force!  Lol!  These were two pictures I took during our Star Wars party.  

I’m sure there is a way to take beautiful in-focus night-time photos of kids running around with light sabers.  But besides not being able to figure that out, I kind of like the lines of the lights.

Then, just when I was about to move on from the Star Wars theme (I know you wish I would!), I gave in and bought something (else) Star Wars-y the other day.  And it’s too cool and cute not to show you! 

Little Darth

I found Darth Vader’s voice changer helmet at the Good Will for $2.99.  And my little guy did such a great job of begging, we brought it home to go with his black costume. 

He has worn it NON-stop (accept for bed) ever since.  Seriously. 

No matter where I go, the deep voice of James Earl Jones follows me though the house…

“Your powers are WEEak!”

“You don’t knOOOW the POOOOWer of the DAAARk side.”

“The FORCE is with you.”

“There’s no escape.  Don’t make me destroy you.”

The mask even has a button you can press to Darth-Vader-ize your voice. 

That’s actually something I’ve come to appreciate.  There’s nothing quite like having James Earl Jones say, “Mom says to get your beds made, NOW.”No Safe Place

Dum-Dum-Dum—da—DUH-Dum. 

Darth Vader Working

Dah-DUH-dum.

Get to work

I’m seriously considering hiring him full time.  :)

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

7 comments:

Mari said...

The pictures are cool!
Glad they are having such fun with this.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

My son and his dad just watched Star Wars.. I'm expecting him to get into this phase soon too. Great photos! All around!

Christina said...

Lol! The Darth Vader costume and stories are funny!

And your slow-shutter-speed light sabers in the dark photos are fabulous.

Nicole M. said...

As a mother of another Darth Vader and a Storm trooper, I really enjoyed this post and the pictures! I have a couple light saber war pix like that as well. While you can't see my boys, I love the photos!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh that is funny! Can I borrow him for a few days? LOL!
I grew up with Star Wars and have always enjoyed watching the movies.
Have a great weekend my friend.
Kim

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Who doesn't love Darth Vader?
Love the light lines!!

The Saved Quarter said...

My little boy is crazy about Star Wars, talking about "Darf Vader" and "Hans Lolo" all the time without having ever seen any of the movies or TV show. His fifth birthday was yesterday and we let him stay up late and watch the original movie. Oh, it was the best!night!ever! He talked about it all day, so excited about staying up late, so excited to see STAR!WARS! He fell asleep with 15 minutes left in the movie, but I don't think he cared. He was just so excited.

He would love your kids' party and Goodwill find! To save myself the whining, I will not be sharing it with him, but it looks like you had a fun time!