Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hippity Hop

I went outback to take some more flower pictures with my new camera and was immediately distracted by the yard action.

Normal

The boys found the old Hippity Hop ball hanging in the garage.  

Do you remember the Hippity Hop Ball?  For those of you who don’t, it was a heavy rubber ball with a handle on the top.  You sat on the ball, hung on to the handle, and bounced all over creation on it.

The boys were in the thick of developing creative games for its use. 

 Drag and Drop

The first was the “see how long you can hold on while I drag you around the yard” game.

Hitter

And, then there was Red Light Green Light…where “the light”  beat the fastest player with the Hippity Hop ball. 

Only, being the mean mom that I am, I added the rule that they couldn’t beat heads

Next, they tried to use it in a game of dodge ball. 

For something like 15 seconds. 

Before I spoiled the fun again. 

Hop

Finally, someone decided to hop on it.  Or maybe I should say leap.  Did you ever notice that boys do everything in extremes?  

As a little girl, I had a dark red one.  I would hop up and down our sidewalks endlessly.  Someone in our neighborhood had a horsy head one (I think it was blue).  And someone else had a Hippity Hop ball with a handle shaped like a “T”.  I forget now.

Please tell me I’m not the only one who has fond memories of Hippity Hops! 

Or  wonders how we never ended up with head injuries from them!  Lol!  But you know?  I don’t ever remember any of us falling off.

I just envision all the possibilities as a mom (of boys) now!  Lol!  (Notice, he’s hopping on the grass!) 

3 comments:

Genny said...

The fun of being a mom to boys! I agree. :)

Jen said...

I just love watching kids play, it is so entertaining to watch them use their imaginations. :)

Mari said...

Looks like they are having fun. Cute pictures!