Monday, November 9, 2009

Rich and Delicious Cream Cheese Christmas Quiche

Quiche

Twelve years ago, a friend brought this quiche to my door for my husband and I, who were adjusting to the squalling bundle of joy we had just brought home from the hospital.  We absolutely loved it (and the baby, btw) and before the leftovers were even cold, I was on the phone asking for the recipe!

The quiche has become a favorite treat which even my boys now look forward to having.  I like to serve it on Christmas morning because I can put it together the night before, set it in the fridge, then pop it in the oven first thing in the morning.  I love sipping my coffee, watching the kids open their presents, and smelling the quiche cooking in the oven!

My recipe is totally adjustable depending on the size of your pie dish and your own personal cheese preferences.  What you’ll need:

Christmas Quiche

  • Pie crust (I use bought, don’t tell mom).
  • 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened.
  • 1/2 pound breakfast sausage (we like sage) browned and crumbled.
  • 1 to 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese (I broke up American cheese because it’s what I had, but you can use cheddar, Swiss, or whatever you like.)
  • Roughly 5-8  eggs, beaten (depending on the size of your pie plate)
  • @1/4 to 1/2 C milk.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Press pie crust into pie plate, making sure to close any rips.  Spread Cream Cheese evenly across the bottom of the pie shell and sprinkle sausage over that.  In a separate bowl beat the eggs and milk, and pour some into the pie shell, being careful to leave room to add cheese.  Add cheese.  Then finish filling with egg/milk mixture.  (You might want to take turns adding cheese and egg to make sure you have the balance you want.) 

Bake 35-45 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.  I like to bake it over a cookie sheet in case of spills or overflows.

Enjoy!

For more great recipes today, visit Lisa’s Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

10 comments:

Mari said...

Sounds so good! I'll be trying this one!

Unknown said...

Oh what a yummy holiday tradition. It sounds delicious!
Happy Twirls

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh wow. That looks wonderful!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a posh dish, and the recipe sounds very easy. Thanks! Who is that most beautiful baby? Oh, What a joy!!!!!!!!
Great recipe, I love the use of breakfast casserole!
Yvonne

Raise Them Up said...

Thanks ladies!

And Yvonne, the baby in the header photo is my youngest son, now five years old. Sigh. Where does the time go?? That's actually why I keep it there, to remind myself how quickly the time does go.

Pami said...

looks and sounds really good I will be trying this one out

Pami said...

looks and sounds good I will be trying this one out thanks

Unknown said...

GREAT!!! dish. The combination of cheese sound wonderful.
I have become a follower of your blog, I love to share recipes and ideas. Come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
Geri

Allison said...

This sounds so good! I will be trying this one for sure! Thanks for sharing!

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

Wow that does sound good. I love making something special that becomes a tradition. Thanks for posting this.