Monday, October 26, 2009

Indiana Dunes State Park

Wind and rain kept us hunkered down for a large part of our weekend camping trip.  But we still had a great time!

With five boys, there was plenty of football.

Lake Michigan FootballAnd break times for eating, warming up and drying out.  Drying out and Warming upLike my husband’s handy glove-drying system?  Apparently, he kept laying them on the grate for “quick” drying, and my friend (always looking out for us, Lol!) kept pulling them back from the flames.  She told me he finally pushed in some stakes so she wouldn’t be able to move them back anymore!  The gloves did eventually dry without melting.  (In case you were wondering.)

The wind made for some wild kite flying down on the beach!  This was so much fun!  We just don’t have a good place to fly kites at home.

Flying a KiteThe boys even braved the cold wet sand to do some digging…of sorts!digging in the sand

And of course, they spent gobs of time racing the waves!  The cold water didn’t bother them a bit! 

Playing in the Waves I’ll be sharing some more pictures of our fun throughout this week.  We even managed to sneak in some hikes while the sun was peaking out!  It was absolutely beautiful! 

5 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about the weather. Looks like you still had a great time.
When I was in HS we would go to the Indiana Dunes. Fun!

Anonymous said...

Awww-- I have been here numerous times!!
Many dates with my hubby here, as well!

Glad you had a good time

Christina said...

That looks like so much fun! Too bad the weather wasn't ideal...I'll bet you were super-thankful for that pop-up tent!

(And I did wonder about the gloves.) : )

Mari said...

Looks like you had fun in spite of the weather. You got some good pictures too!

Mayhem and Moxie said...

Your blog is simply amazing! I found your link through A Soft Place to Land and have loved checking everything out today. Hard to believe that so many different and absolutely wonderful blogs link up in one place every week.

I have so much to learn. :)

-Francesca