Friday, August 14, 2009

Sleeping In

After a WHOLE summer of sleeping-in till (dare I admit it???) nearly eleven, we have successfully survived our first three days of getting up at 5:30.  It has not been pretty, mind you.

The first day, we all functioned on adrenaline, and had no problem whatsoever.  I think we were even early to the early bus (6:30), and right on time to the later bus (8:08).  Yes, feel free to congratulate me. 

The second day, I needed to supplement the alarms with a little toe-pulling.  We weren’t quite as early, and my second son fell back to sleep while I was getting my first son to the bus stop.  Thus we kind of finished out the morning in a rush.

This morning, I drug myself out of bed after the second snooze to find that my oldest son must have snoozed too.  Turns out, he took his pillow to the living room to avoid his alarm all together.  Because that’s where I finally found him after I hefted myself up into his loft bed to explore the mound of empty blankets in search of a foot.

So, anyway, my little guy and I were just going over the days of the week. 

I named and pointed to each of the three days the boys had gone to school this week, and then circled Saturday and Sunday.  “Do you know why these days are so special?” I asked, and went on explain, “They are called the weekend and we get to sleep IN!!!!”  At which point I did a giddy dance and song.

He looked at me with only a half a smile, (likely triggered by my near hysteria) and said quizzically, “Sleep in WHAT?”

If you need more laughs, go check out the Friday Funnies at Homesteader’s heart.

7 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh I love it! Too funny my friend. I love it cause it is real life stuff! LOL
Happy Friday to you and have fun sleeping in tomorrow!
Hugs.
Kim

Candace said...

=)

I have an alarm clock named Zachary that goes off every day at 7 am.

I know someday I will be sleeping in and missing my little alarm clock (when he's all grown up) - but I wish HE had a snooze button!

Anonymous said...

HA- Just out of meaness, I would come knock on your door at 6:00 AM if you were my neighbor!!! ;)*snicker, snicker*

Have a SUPER weekend!

Christina said...

Hehe...that's hilarious!

Kathy C. said...

Ohhh, how precious. I can just see his inquisitive look now, cute! :)

Tara said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I so enjoyed reading your blog. Love the black eyed susans and all your lovely plants. I plan on visiting again.

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

That's so cute! 11:00- I'm jealous ;)