Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Making Hoop-Lahhh

I had to do it.  I had no choice.  My oldest complained earlier this week that his brothers got “big deals” made over their birthday, and we wouldn’t be able to make any “hoop-lah” over his.  Because it came on a weekday.  And that wasn’t fair. 

Is it just me, or did that sound like a challenge?

No, I definitely think it was a challenge. 

So, I put on my thinking cap and decided to make some hoop-lah over his birthday.  And to make it in front of the largest crowd I could think of off the top of my head. Hoopplahhh

The bus crew.  The same bus load of high school students which he reminded me the other day were watching while he got off the bus.  I figured it was the perfect captive audience to make some hoop-lah in front of.  Because effective hoop-lah needs lots of people. 

And I was right.

The bus hadn’t even come to a stop when I saw the bus driver laughing and waving and talking into her mirror. 

Windows came down like a wave in a baseball stadium, and cheers followed my son up the isle and down the steps.   I have to say, it was THE biggest birthday hoop-lah I’ve ever seen.  I dare say he thought so, too.

Because his face wore a huge goofy grin, and he kept shaking his head. 

I refrained from taking his picture, though.  I didn’t even get out of the car.  Because he told me having his mother take pictures of him was embarrassing.  And we wouldn’t want to embarrass him. 

No sir-REE.

I learned my lesson. No taking pictures in front of bus loads of high school students.

But once they left, I got out my camera.

Awh NoooBoy, that was fun! 

Making HOOP-LAH works big time for me!  As does letting my son know I love him, TOO.

This post is being linked to Works for me Wednesday, Wordful Wednesday, and Wordless Wednesday.  If you are new to these memes, why not join in the fun?

19 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

That is the sweetest thing!!

Mari said...

It looks like he loved it and I do too! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Happy Birthday to him! Happy WW :O)

MOMMY-MOMO said...

i love it! good job momma!

More Than Words said...

You are the coolest mom!!!!

Rob said...

That is too cool. i am glad he enjoyed it.

Happy WW!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

OH that was great! Way to go Mom!!!
HUGS

Liz Mays said...

You rock, Mom! That was the best idea!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Best Mom award goes to you!

Jana said...

Way to go mom! You the coolest!!

Jana said...

Way to go mom! You the coolest!!

Susie said...

Awesome job Mom!!

carrhop said...

Great job, Mama! He'll remember this one for sure!

Blessings!

Heather said...

What a neat way to make the birthday boy feel special!

Kelly said...

Very cool idea! I know it's tough on the older kids when they're too old for theme parties, etc., but still want to feel special.

Also, wanted to say that the reason I learned how to preserve my tomatoes is we have them coming out our ears! I couldn't stand them going to waste, so I'm freezing them. It made me smile that you have the same problem!

Penny said...

I LOVE it!!! Wonder how his bus ride will be today? LOL!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Oh man -- I love it! You can just see by the look on his face that he loved it too. :)

Anonymous said...

Score an A+ for mom!! Way to go!

Unknown said...

That is some great Hoop-Lahhh. Way to go mom. I can not wait until I get to do things like that for my little one.