Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cutter SKINSATIONS Insect Repellent

Skinsations 2

My five year old son came stomping in the door this afternoon scratching about a zillion mosquito bites on each arm. 

He was spitting mad and wailing something like, “I’m never going outside ever again because those little bugs keep eating me over and over and over again and it hurts and they won’t leave me alone and now I’m going to itch forever!!” 

He had slipped out the door without me spraying him down with insect repellent.  Ooops.  Another bad mother moment.

I know that everyone thinks their backyard has the most mosquitoes.  But seriously, folks, we’ve got the meanest baddest lowdown blood thirstiest mosquitoes I have ever witnessed. 

EVER. 

We have the regular kind, the ones that come out at dusk and eat you alive.  But at least they pretty much leave you alone during the day.

However, we also have these mosquitoes with black and white stripes that are Evil. 

They hour of day means nothing to them.  Morning, noon, or night, they find you. 

A simple walk to the mailbox requires speed, evasive maneuvers, and battle attire. 

Because they zoom in like heat-seeking missiles.

They land and bite instantaneously.

By the time you know the little devils have found you, you have multiple welts and are jerking around.  Saying things you shouldn’t. Smacking desperately at thin air. Because they’re FAST.  

And to make matters worse??  The heavier you breath, and the hotter you get doing your evasive maneuvers??  The more you attract their buddies to the feast!!

Like I said, they’re Evil. 

Well, if you are facing your own bunch of mosquitoes, I have a great news!

I can’t make you a faster runner.  And you’ll have to develop your own evasive maneuvers.

But I can recommend a GREAT insect repellent!  No one has put me up to this or paid me a dime.  I’ve simply found a spray that works.

It’s Cutter’s SKINSATIONS Insect Repellent with ALOE AND VITAMIN E, (and 7% DEET). 

I buy it in the pump.  It goes on light and refreshing like water.  Not at all oily.  But the best part is IT KEEPS THE LITTLE DEVILS AWAY!!  Seriously, moms, it works well.  For hours!  And lets your kids enjoy the outdoors.

As an added bonus, it smells really nice.  Not at all like a bug spray typically does.  I hate smelling like bug spray almost as much as I hate getting eaten.

We've found it at Meijer.  So, if you don’t have a Meijer, you may have to hunt around.  But you can also find it online at Drugstore.com. 

Not feeding the mosquito population works for me!!!!

Check out other great tips at We Are That Family’s Works For Me Wednesday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to get me some of this stuff. My oldest son is allergic to mosquito bites, so when he gets attacked he is just miserable.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm-- I may have to invest! I have seen too many welps on the backs of legs, arms and shoulders this summer!

Have a great mosquito free day!! :)

Tracey said...

Thanks for letting us know that this works! Mosquitoes aren't too bad here right now, but their time is coming very soon....

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

I love that stuff- definitely works for me too :)

P.S. Be sure to enter my blogoversary give-away today!

Mark Rozer said...

Thanks for letting us know that this works! Mosquitoes aren't too bad here right now.Our Insect Repellent or
Sandfly Repellent, all our product will help you relax from insects and sand fly attacks respectively assuring you complete protection from these bugs.