Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Want to Be Right

"God's highest dream is not to make us rich, not to make us successful or popular or famous. God's dream is to make us right with him."
--Max Lucado
God's Open Arms
Studies on Grace

Max goes on to discuss the incredible sacrifice Jesus made on the Cross to make that possible (Romans 3:21-25).

But his chapter teaser hit me in another way. Yes, God wants us to to be made right in position through our faith in Christ. But He also wants us to be right with Him on a daily basis--in our relationship with Him. It is what He desires for each of us.

It begins with a simple recognition of our constant need to cleanse our hearts and lean on Him. It begins with a prayer like this:

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10
I just wanted to start my day off right.

No comments: