Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday:
Jigsaw Puzzles for Valentines

Jigsaw Puzzles are a great way to weather the winter months, and it's definitely wintry here. I did this puzzle a few years before I got married and found this neat looking frame at a yard sale. I love the look it gives the puzzle.

Below, is a not so great photo of a Norman Rockwell puzzle I did for the boys' room. My Dad made the simple pine frame which goes well with their pine loft beds.

Don't you love Norman Rockwell pictures? On our honeymoon, we visited the Norman Rockwell Museum and I absolutely loved it! But I'm getting away from the topic.

Each winter, we usually set up a table and have an ongoing puzzle. The kids and I work on it as time allows. You know, a piece here, and a piece there. Sometimes we even get it completed before spring! lol!

Bits and Pieces is a great source. They have all kinds of puzzles, in all shapes and sizes. If you are a puzzle person, or know someone who is, this is a great site!

I've had some shipped to the grandmoms in our lives for Christmas and Birthdays. But they would make great Valentines Gifts, too, to help while away the rest of the winter!

A puzzle in process, along with a cup of cocoa and a fire in the wood stove, help make the snowflakes falling out there a little more fun for we adults. Just a little more, mind you.

Check out the rest of Works For Me Wednesday over at Rocks In My Dryer! Thanks, Shannon, for hosting such a great source of ideas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the puzzle idea. My grandchildren like receiving mail- I think I will mail them each a puzzle for valentine's day. Thank you for the idea!
possum's nana

Unknown said...

Such a great idea. Your framed puzzles are lovely. TFS.

Hannah said...

Oh, I miss doing puzzles in the winter! Right now the kids are so little I think the pieces would get lost - or eaten!