Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Leave and Live

First, thank you. For all of you who emailed or left comments that you were praying for our family, it was greatly appreciated. Please don't stop. I'm trusting God to work out the details, but it's a moment by moment struggle to leave it at his feet.

Two familiar verses, today, are balm for my soul.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7
. . . Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will
be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9
We all have burdens that we carry, and things we worry about. My tendency to try to handle them in my own strength only makes them seem heavier. It's awfully hard to embrace the blessings around me, and even harder to reach out and bless others, when my heart and hands are full of worry and burdens.
I invite you to join me today in placing those worries in his much more capable hands, and get on with today's living.

Getting on with it, for me, means cooking up a storm for our camping trip, and enjoying time with my boys--who only have a half day of school! Yikes, they'll be home soon!

What do you need to hand over to Him so you can enjoy living out today? Don't wait to do it.

Blessings

No comments: